SUNDAY 2nd August
Welcome to Newcraigs Church on-line. We pray that as you tune into our live stream that the LORD will use these orders of service each week to encourage you and build you up in the Lord Jesus Christ. Below are suggested songs for you to listen to and suggested Bible readings you can read as you prepare for our live stream on Facebook Live at 11.00 am.
Welcome to Sunday on-line
Read Psalm 145
CLICK to go to
Great is the LORD - Newcraigs Praise Band
Our souls find rest in you alone, loving Father, for you have given us everything we need for life and godliness in Jesus, everything. Jesus is the end of our restlessness about a relationship with you; for he is our complete forgiveness and our eternal righteousness. Our salvation and honour depend on what Jesus has done for us, not on what we do for you. Continue to free us from the fear of not doing enough to please you and the arrogance of thinking we could ever do enough to earn your favour.
Because the gospel is true, we do trust you, Father. And because the gospel is good, we enjoy incredible freedom to pour out our hearts to you—when we are sad, mad, confused, afraid, or whatever; for our hope comes from you and you alone. There is no other refuge as welcoming, loving or sufficient as you, Father, none. May your Spirit whisper and shout this good news to our hearts all day long. We pray with joy and longing, in Jesus’ name.
(Scotty Smith - Heavenward)
Christ is enough - Maranatha
The Glorious Christ - Sovereign Grace
“When Barnabas came and saw the grace of God, he was glad, and he exhorted them all to remain faithful to the Lord with steadfast purpose…….and a great many people were added to the Lord.” (Acts 11 v 23, 24)
With the schools recommencing on 11 August amid the difficulties of the present circumstances please pray earnestly for:
· Teachers: As they deal with the uncertainties of implementing the Covid-19 regulations and fulfil their teaching role pray that they will know the Lord’s help, wisdom and patience and be protected against the virus. Pray in particular for Head Teachers & Deputes as they manage this new situation.
· Pupils: Pray for those anxious about returning to school and those for whom lockdown has held back their education. Ask the Lord to help all of them to cope and apply themselves to their studies.
· Health Issues: While the focus of recent months has been on COVID-19 there are many within our Church family who are constantly struggling with ill health. Ask the Lord to draw near, encouraging them and meeting their needs.
· Coronavirus: As Covid-19 continues to spread throughout our world pray that within the UK people will act responsibly so that the transmission of the virus will be contained. Pray especially for heavily populated regions such as India, South Africa and Brazil where medical facilities are struggling to cope with the increasing number of COVID patients. Give thanks that there have been encouraging results from the treatment and vaccine trials and pray they will become available soon.
· Persecuted Church: Lockdown has given many of us a better understanding of the impact of isolation and separation from our families. This is the experience of many of our brothers and sisters in Christ who face persecution. Ask the Lord to encourage them to stand strong in their faith in Christ and enable them to endure while longing for those closest to them.
“I hope to see you soon and we will talk face to face. Peace be to you. The friends greet you.”
(3 John v 14, 15)
Listen to the Service at 11 am, Just click the link here.
Reading Acts 11:19-30
I Have a shelter - Sovereign Grace
God so loved - Newcraigs Praise Band